Treatments That Are Fit for Summer
Summer in Arizona is more than a season — it’s a lifestyle. As a dermatologist in Tucson, skincare is on my mind all year long, but especially in the summertime, when the sun’s rays are at their most intense and the days are extra long. In addition to the never-ending sunshine, summer is also the season of special events, from weddings and graduations to backyard pool parties. Who wouldn’t want to look their best?
Now that the snowbirds have flown the coop and the kids are out of school, it’s time to take advantage of summer’s slow pace and treat your skin to a beautiful glow. In this blog post, I wanted to share my favorite summertime skincare services. The following treatments can safely be performed in the summer and won’t interfere with your schedule.
- Dermal fillers: If you haven’t tried a filler yet, now’s a great time. Sweet and simple, these minimally invasive wrinkle-fighters can smooth away some of your deepest, most bothersome lines — with no downtime, no special aftercare, and results that can last more than a year.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Same idea as fillers, but different execution. This incredibly popular product slows down muscle activity, creating a smoother surface where crow’s feet and frown lines once formed.
- At-home products: When it comes to convenience, our at-home products take the cake. Let our skincare professionals help you choose the best products for your summer skin, from quenching moisturizers to targeted therapies.
- Oxygen infusion facial: Like a cool breeze for your skin, our oxygen infusion facial is a wonderful way to cool off and relax. This gentle facial can improve tone and elasticity, reduce some signs of aging, and nourish and moisturize skin on a deeper level. Best of all, it’s nonabrasive, which means you won’t have to worry about having overly sensitive or burn-prone skin afterward.
- CoolSculpting®: Even the name of this fat-reducing treatment is chilly! Nonsurgical, noninvasive CoolSculpting freezes away fat cells during a simple 1-hour office treatment. Over the next few weeks, watch as your treated area slowly shrinks. We love using CoolSculpting to treat areas like the abdomen, inner thighs, and double chin.
- KYBELLA®: Another injectable favorite, KYBELLA is quickly establishing itself as one of the most promising nonsurgical procedures on the market. A series of treatments can dissolve the fat that causes a double chin, revealing a beautiful, refined profile.
- 3D Lift: This combination treatment is perfect for busy babes on the go! This treatment includes Thermage®, Genesis, and IPL to improve your complexion by stimulating collagen growth, enhancing texture, and decreasing pore size.
Interested to see what these treatments can do? Check out our before-and-after gallery for photos from our real patients, right here in Tucson.