Winter Skin—Lift Your Spirits This Holiday Season
For many women, the holiday season is a time of joy and cheer, but it can also bring unwanted stress. Women are often so busy with gift shopping and planning holiday festivities that they often forget to take time to focus on themselves. This stress, coupled with cold, dry conditions, can wreak havoc on the skin. Here are my top five tips to help women rejuvenate their spirits as well as their skin:
- Put Your Best Face Forward: By now, we’ve all learned the power of contouring and highlighting to help create beautiful, defined features. What many women may not know is that as we age, the fat that once padded our cheekbones and provided fullness to the central part of the face begins to disappear. Thankfully, there are non-surgical cosmetic treatments available, such as fillers, which can help restore the look of youthful cheeks.
- Highlight a Favorite Feature: For many women, their smile is the focal point of their face. For those looking to enhance that smile, there are lip fillers which add subtle enhancement to the lips and smooth the lines around the mouth.
- Indulge in Aromatherapy: Transform your normal beauty routine into an aromatic, spa-like experience by lighting your favorite candle and taking a moment to relax. You can choose a calming scent like lavender or eucalyptus to aid relaxation.
- Get Moving: Regular exercise promotes healthy circulation, and keeps your skin glowing and vibrant. Making time for exercise can be difficult, especially around the holidays. Fortunately, there are apps available, such as the “7-Minute Workout” which guides you through 12 high-intensity bodyweight exercises. It’s perfect for busy women who are on-the-go!
- Eat Healthy: What we put in our bodies can be just as important as the products we use on our skin. It’s important to make sure you’re eating healthy, especially around the holidays. Limiting dairy, gluten, and sugar intake when possible can help keep skin looking healthy and radiant
- Connect With Family: The joy of the holidays is always greater when spent with family and loved ones. Be sure to take time to de-stress and relax with friends and family. Not only will it elevate your emotional wellbeing, but your skin will thank you, too!